What Is Organizational Charts
You can see an organizational chart everywhere in a company or organization. It presents the structure of the management through the team and clearly illustrates the function of every person. The hierarchical organizational structure is the most commonly applied one. There are other such charts available, including product and geographical org charts which divide the team by a certain product line or geography. Another example is holacracy org charts that organize employees by work or project instead of titles. In such a chart, everyone can make decisions.
The org chart makes things easy and improves team efficiency. It is not, however, easy to create such charts by your hands with a pen. To help you draw an org chart, we recommend OrgCharting.
What Is OrgCharting
You must have guessed what OrgCharting is. Yes, as is illustrated above, OrgChating is a software that can help you draw an OrgCharting. You can not only explore your imagination but also apply the templates it offers directly. The software belongs to wondershaer Edraw, a group that devoted itself to helping people create diagrams and improve the work experience. The picture below is a screenshot of the interface of OrgCharting.
If you just have a file that has the data you want to be transferred to the org chart, you can also import the file. To help you learn more about OrgCharting, this article will detail its basic information. Keep reading.
What Can OrgCharting Do
- Create an org chart automatically
- Switch between data and charts
- A bunch of themes to choose from
- Upload data in bulk
- Resynchronize the chart with new data
- Generate presentation slides with one click
To save time, OrgCharting enables you to either choose a template or import a file. It can automatically create a chart. You just need to click the “import” and go to the “import wizard” option then choose the file and finish it. If you are in process of a chart, just click the “Data” on the top of the interface. After importing the file, the chart will just be presented in the interface. Then you can edit as you want.
Export your chart by clicking on “Quick Export”. If you want to export just several data columns, you can click “Export Wizard”, and then add or remove columns as you wish.
You can see that when you open the software, there are many templates on the interface, with each belonging to one theme. And they are all free to use.
When editing a chart, you can click “Resync Data Only” or “ Resync Entire Chart” to add more data.
One amazing feature of this software is that it can generate slideshows automatically. To achieve this, you just need to click “Slideshow” and then select “Auto Create”
Other Features of OrgCharting
- The software offers free use to assure you get what you want before purchasing
- You can share your chart through an HTML link
- You can export your chart in any format, such as PDF, MS Word, and SVG
- You can add a Gantt chart from “Task”
- More features waiting for you to explore
- You can change the color of the background
Four Ways to Replace Photo in A Chart
Since a team will have its members come and leave, you may have to constantly change the photo in the chart. The EdrawProj offers several ways to change photos.
- Click the place you want to replace a photo, then click the “insert photo” option on the top of the interface. Then you can choose the photo and open it.
- Give the photo you want to change a double-click. You can just choose the photo when a window pops up.
- Just right-click the photo and you will see the “replace photo” option.
- A more complex way is to click on the chart and go to the “display options” on the right. You can see a brush-like icon. Click it and you can see the option to change a photo.
Four Limitations of the Trial Version
- There will be watermarks on the drawings you exported or printed
- You can only use the first 2 types on the template with a free version
- One chart can only allow you to create at most 3 pages
- The trial version is Orgcharting 100
|OrgCharting 100||OrgCharting 500||OrgCharting 1000|
For a comparison of the three versions, check the picture below
Now you have read the basic features of OrgChart, why don’t have a try? If you want to improve your work efficiency, just click the button below because we are offering a 10% discount now!