Whether you accidentally deleted a WhatsApp conversation, lost your phone, or were the victim of a cyber attack, rest assured that you can definitely restore your old WhatsApp conversations.
There are a number of excellent apps available that can easily retrieve lost messages on WhatsApp. But what is the best WhatsApp deleted message recovery app?
The best WhatsApp data recovery software for most people is iMyFone Chatsback. The best features include a review before recovery function, the ability to recover without uninstalling WhatsApp, and the ability to recover lost media.
Keep reading, because we dig deeper into iMyFone ChatsBack and cover five more WhatsApp deleted message recovery apps. We explain how they work so that you can pick the best fit for you and recover your lost conversations right away.
iMyFone ChatsBack is one of the best overall WhatsApp deleted message recovery tools available for both iOS and Android devices.
The app allows users to recover their lost messages via three different methods, including directly from their device, via Google Drive, or with iTunes.
Here’s the iMyFone ChatsBack desktop interface:
Users can also restore old messages to their PC in a variety of different file types such as PDF, Excel, and more.
The Best Features of iMyFone ChatsBack
The following are some of the best features that you'll enjoy when using iMyFone ChatsBack:
- Preview before recovery function
- Recover without uninstalling WhatsApp
- Ability to recover lost media, including photos and videos
- Retrieve lost messages via three different methods
- Restore data as HTML, PDF, Excel, CSV, and more
The Pros and Cons of iMyFone ChatsBack
- Users can preview their lost chats and recover only the conversations they actually want
- Users don't need to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp to recover their deleted messages
- Users can retrieve their deleted messages directly or via multiple different platforms
- The process of recovering deleted messages is quick and easy
- The app is available for iOS, Android, and PC
- The best features require a paid version of the app
- It's not possible to recover messages directly to Mac desktop devices
iMyFone ChatsBack features a free version as well as a paid premium version. The free version allows users to recover their deleted messages via iTunes or Google Drive; however, to recover data directly to their devices or to their PC, users will need the paid version, which has a one-time cost of $29.95.
Tenorshare UltData has been around for over ten years now and is without a doubt one of the most trusted names in data recovery online. The new iCareFone Transfer app allows users to recover deleted WhatsApp messages quickly and easily.
This is what the mobile app home screen looks like on Android:
Let's briefly go over some of the best features of using Tenorshare UltData.
The Best Features of Tenorshare UltData
The following are some of the best features that you'll enjoy when using Tenorshare UltData:
- One-click backup and restore on both Android and iOS devices
- Export recovered conversations to HTML
- Ability to transfer retrieved messages from Android to iOS and vice-versa
- Automated conversation backup capability for WhatsApp and WhatsApp business
- Recover KIK, WeChat, and Viber messages on iOS devices
The Pros and Cons of Tenorshare UltData
- The ability to recover lost data with a single click
- Users can export retrieved messages to HTML
- Cross-platform data recovery on iOS and Android
- Users can retrieve conversations from additional platforms
- Automatic backup and recovery options
- Direct backup is only available for iOS devices
- Requires a Google Drive account
Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp recovery has three payment options. Users can get a one-month license for $19.95, a one-year license for $39.95, or lifetime access for $49.95.
Dr.Fone is another excellent method of retrieving deleted WhatsApp messages. However, the platform does much more than just recover lost data. Dr.Fone also features screen unlocking, data transfer, system repair, and automated phone backups. Therefore, subscribers can get great value for money when signing up for a plan with Dr.Fone.
this is what you’ll see when you launch it for the first time:
Let's go over some of the best of the Dr.Fone app.
The Best Features of Dr.Fone
The following are some of the best features that you'll enjoy when using Dr.Fone:
- Easy data recovery for both iOS devices
- Data transfer from Android to iOS and vice-versa
- There is a built-in password manager
- System repair tools are included
- File transfer between mobile and desktop devices
The Pros and Cons of Dr.Fone
- Dr.Fone does much more than just recover deleted WhatsApp messages
- The built-in password manager increases the security of your device
- The platform can diagnose and repair problems caused by malware
- Users can transfer data between iOS and Android Devices
- Recovering WhatsApp messages is simple and straightforward
- The app is very expensive compared to other available services
- Users need to pay for each function separately unless buying an expensive bundle
- Data recovery features only work for iOS devices
Dr.Fone is the most expensive app on this list. Each individual service ranges from $19.95 to $59.95. Alternatively, iOS users can get the iOS kit (Bundle) which includes all features, for $99.95.
UltFone Android Data Recovery
UltFone Android Data Recovery is another alternative for recovering your deleted WhatsApp messages. As the name suggests, the app is only available for Android devices but does an excellent job for those who do have an Android phone.
As you can see from the desktop interface, you have 5 data recovery choices, but recovering WhatsApp data is the focal point:
Below are some of the best features, as well as some pros and cons to consider.
The Best Features of UltFone Android Data Recovery
The following are some of the best features that you'll enjoy when using UltFone Android Data Recovery:
- Data recovery on Android devices from internal memory
- Ability to recover multimedia files
- WhatsApp business data recovery is included
- Restore WhatsApp data without backup enabled
- Data retrieval via Google Drive is possible
The Pros and Cons of UltFone Android Data Recovery
- Users don't need to have backup enabled in order to recover their deleted messages
- It's possible to retrieve data via Google Drive
- Multimedia messages and documents can be restored
- Users can pick and choose what they want to recover
- Deleted WeChat conversations can also be retrieved
- Only available on Android devices
- It's not possible to recover messages to a desktop
- No cross-platform data transfer capability
UltFone Android Data Recovery has three available paid plans. A one-month plan is available for $35.95. A one-year license is available for $39.95, or users can get a lifetime license for $49.95.
Phone Rescue® is one of the newest WhatsApp data recovery tools, but it's also one of the best. The platform works on both iOS and Android devices and features the highest success rate in the industry. Plus, users can recover more than just WhatsApp messages, as the site supports SD card data retrieval as well.
This is what you’ll see when you download and launch the Phone Rescue desktop app:
Let's go over a few of the best features.
The Best Features of Phone Rescue®
The following are some of the best features that you'll enjoy when using Phone Rescue®:
- Data transfer from iOS to Android and vice-versa
- Built-in "wizard assistant" for easy data recovery
- Widest file support including media, documents, and more
- SD card data recovery options
- iCloud data recovery capability
The Pros and Cons of Phone Rescue®
- Users can back up data directly to their device or via other online platforms
- The highest success rate for lost data recovery in the industry
- The wizard makes it easy for non-tech-minded people to recover their messages
- The platform features unlock and repair tools as well
- The best features require a paid version of the app
Users can purchase a one-year plan for $39.99. Alternatively, there is a lifetime plan available for $55.99, which includes support for up to 5 devices. Additionally, there is a one-year group plan available that supports up to 10 users for $65.99.
Last but not least, EaseUS MobiSaver is a great tool for recovering your deleted WhatsApp conversations.
Here’s a screenshot of EaseUS MobiSaver in action, scanning an iPhone:
The app also features a ton of additional tools that make it a great choice for those seeking an all-in-one phone data security package. Below are some of the very best features that users will appreciate.
The Best Features of EaseUS MobiSaver
The following are some of the best features that you'll enjoy when using EaseUS MobiSaver:
- Data recovery "wizard"
- Video recovery toolkit
- Built-partition recovery tools
- Automated WhatsApp backups
- Direct-to-device data recovery is possible
The Pros and Cons of EaseUS MobiSaver
- The recovery wizard makes it easy for anyone to restore their lost WhatsApp messages
- Multimedia files including photos, videos, and audio can be recovered
- Partition tools make it easy to restore previous versions on desktops and laptops
- Users can automatically backup their WhatsApp messages to the cloud
- Users can restore their deleted messages directly to their mobile device
- Extra features you might not need
- Best features only available for desktop users
- Large file size
There are free versions available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, but the free version only allows users to recover one media file. Alternatively, there is a pro version available for Windows and Mac desktops which costs $59.95 for Windows and $79.95 for Mac; both are one-time payments.